Arohanui Hospice Services and COVID-19 (novel coronavirus)
Welcome to our update on what Arohanui Hospice looks like at Level 1 in response to COVID-19.
Thank you to all of our staff, volunteers and community for your flexibility, resilience and hard work during the phases of COVID-19. We are now back at Level 1 and some normality – while still practicing good hand hygiene, staying home if we are unwell, and keeping a record of where we have been.
Our main doors are open during the day and we ask that visitors check in with reception on arrival – visitors are welcome at any time during the day, and at night by arrangement with staff. If you are visiting, please ensure that you practice hand hygiene, keep a record of your visit – but stay home if you are unwell. The family lounge and kitchen is available for visitors to use.
Our Day Stay and Creative Living programmes will recommence from Tuesday 16 June in Palmerston North and Wednesday 17th June in Levin.
Outpatient appointments will be available in both Palmerston North and Horowhenua from the week beginning Monday 15 June.
For all enquiries please call reception on 06-356-6606.
We are very excited to announce our second hand shops on the corner of Lombard and Walding St, Awapuni and Roslyn in Palmerston North, Main St South Levin, Fergusson St Feilding and Otaki are open.
- Lombard St, Palmerston North – open Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm, Saturday 10.00am – 3.00pm; phone – 06 356 1960 option 1
- Roslyn Shop, Rossmont Shopping Centre, Vogel St – Monday – Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm, Saturday 9.00am – 2.00pm; phone 06 3561960 x 2
- Awapuni Shop, 92 College Street, Awapuni, Palmerston North – Monday to Friday 9.30am – 4.30pm,
phone – 06 356 1960 option 3
- Main St South, Levin – open Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.00pm, Saturday 9.00am – 3.00pm; Phone – 06 367 2078
- Fergusson St, Feilding – Open Tuesday to Friday 10.00am to 4.00pm and Saturday 10.00am – 1.00pm; phone – 06 323 2459
- Otaki – Open Monday to Friday 9.30am- 4.00pm and Saturday 10.00am – 3.00pm; phone – 06 929 6603
We are accepting donations of good quality items at the Hospice Shops during business hours (see above). If you have large items that you would like collected, please phone the relevant shop to arrange a time.
Thank you so much for supporting our Arohanui Hospice Shops!
Every item donated and purchased supports patients living with a life-limiting illness in our community.
We are excited to welcome volunteers back into the Hospice Shops, gardens, kitchen, reception and housekeeping! We have missed the smiling faces of our volunteers during the Covid-19 lockdown!
Thank you so much to all of our volunteers who stayed home and stayed safe during this time.
We have been thrilled with the support you have shown us throughout Level 4 and 3. You’ve donated to our COVID-19 email appeal, you’ve supported people in our community who have been fundraising on our behalf. Thank you!
Please follow us on Facebook or Instagram for event updates.