Arohanui Hospice provides specialist palliative care for patients living with life limiting illnesses and support for their families/whanau – our care extends across the Manawatu, Tararua, Horowhenua and Rangitikei/Taihape regions.
In order to achieve this, we employ passionate players that emulate our ethos of integrity, trust, performance and above all total professionalism.
Due to an internal promotion we have an opportunity for a suitably skilled and experienced Finance Administrator to join our team. This is a permanent part-time role for around 24 hours per week. Flexible working hours and days are negotiable.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of Arohanui Hospice invoices (AR) including managing any overdue accounts;
- Manage debtors and creditors within the accounting system (Xero and HubDoc)
- Action all account reconciliations, check correct delegation levels, ensure accurate coding and certify all invoices for payment before final approval obtained (AP);
- Assist with archival storage of financial documents
- Generate reports as required.
- Provide day to day financial administrative support for the hospice’s fundraising team.
- Maintain accurate financial records within the hospice’s donor database
- Input donor data, update donor details and provide donor lists when required
- Generate and segment mailing lists for correspondence.
- Record donations and reconcile into accounting system and CRM donor database, including coding against correct general ledger codes
- Assist with the management and accountability of donations/bequests/grants
To be successful in this role, you would likely have the following qualities:
- Relevant accounts payable/receivable experience in a small business
- Advanced capability in Microsoft Office including Excel/Word
- Experience with Xero essential, perhaps with hub doc
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and manage your time
- Proven planning and time management skills
- Demonstrates discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Team player when the pressure comes on
- Enjoys and opportunity to problem solve and implement system improvements
What we offer:
This role will be located in the Foundation office and will work closely with the Fundraising team. The Fundraising team at Arohanui Hospice are a close knit team who work together to promote and encourage support of the Hospice throughout the community. We value all ideas and innovations and encourage collaboration.
Events that we organise throughout the year provide challenging, exciting and variable opportunities for you to expand your professional reach and to get out into the community. We are passionate about what we do and our successes directly benefit all of those who are in Hospice care.
What we offer:
- Modern office central to town.
- Flexible working arrangements to suit your individual needs.
- Supportive working environment.
- Challenging and exciting events throughout the year.
- Meaningful work with purpose.
You will work closing with the Fundraising Manager as well as the Hospice Accountant to ensure that all financial aspects of the Hospice operates smoothly and efficiently so that any distribution to the care team and patients at the Hospice is minimised.
Why join the Arohanui Hospice team? We know that staff and volunteers are our most valuable assets and we are dedicated to honest, transparent, and visible processes that reflect our values. We are embracing technology and we are always looking for opportunities or improvement in our processes.
If you have some or all of the skills and experience above, would enjoy working in a role where you can use your intuitive and want to work for an organisation that makes a genuine difference in people’s lives we would love to hear from you.
For a full job description click here and application form click here.
Applications will remain open until position is filled, so please apply ASAP.
Applications should be sent by email.