Fixed Term 25.5 hours per fortnight
Arohanui Hospice provides specialist palliative care for patients and families/whānau coping with life limiting illnesses within the wider Manawatu, Tararua, Horowhenua and Rangitikei regions.
Patients, families, and whānau are at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to honest, transparent, and visible services that reflect our core values. Our staff and volunteers are our most valuable assets.
Our kitchen is a very important part of the Arohanui Hospice providing food services for Inpatients and Day Stay patients in a way that caters for their special dietary needs or desires, and offers a tasty nutritionally balanced selection of meals
We require the services of a skilled, fit and able Kitchen Assistant / Cook to work 3 weekend days per fortnight.
We are looking for someone with:
- A previous and proven record of ‘cooking’ within a service industry
- Previous experience meeting deadlines whilst coping with unexpected requests
- Good understanding of Basic Food Safety and hygiene (essential skill)
- Ability to work autonomously as necessary
- Ability to use initiative and present with good problem solving skills
- Strong organisational skills
- A strong patient focus, and have an understanding and acceptance of the Philosophy of Care provided by Arohanui Hospice
- A proven record of reliability and commitment
- Ability to be a team player and adapt to changing requirements to meet the demands and challenges within the workplace
- Ability and willingness to learn
The work hours for this role are 3 x 8.5 hour shifts per fortnight plus the possibility for additional work covering for planned and unplanned leave. It is essential that the appointee to this position is able to work flexibly and co-operatively, so if you have some or all of these skills we would like to hear from you.