Arohanui Hospice provides specialist palliative care for patients living with life-limiting illnesses and support for their families/whanau; within the Manawatu, Tararua, Horowhenua, and Rangitīkei/Taihape regions. We seek an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to provide nursing care to the terminally ill and support to their families/whānau.
Patients, families, and whānau are at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to honest, transparent, and visible processes that reflect our core values, and staff and volunteers are our most valuable assets.
We currently have permanent nursing positions (part and full-time equivalent) available in both the inpatient unit and community areas.
- Our inpatient nursing team members work rostered and rotating shifts including nights and weekends.
- Our community team members are rostered Monday – Friday with occasional weekends that are planned and shared across the team on a set rotation (currently 1 in 8)
If you have a passion to be part of our Specialist Palliative Care Interdisciplinary team and have the following skills:
- Experience in palliative care and/or significant experience in generalist nursing
- A post-graduate nursing qualification, or willingness to work towards such a qualification
- Strong commitment and proven ability to liaise and communicate with all members of a wider health provider team to maximize patient outcomes
- A proven record of sound clinical decision-making and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to cope under pressure and use own initiative when required in a flexible and changing environment
- Excellent communication skills
- A knowledge and commitment to continuous quality improvement
- IT literate and experience in digital patient management systems
- A full clean driver’s license
Why join Arohanui Hospice?
You will be a part of an organisation that puts people first, has a vision for the future, and strives toward excellence in everything they do. If you are passionate about providing quality care for people with life-limiting conditions, contact us.