Community Pharmacy EveningsJanuary 7, 2019
Cancer Research Trust Breakfast Lecture SeriesJanuary 7, 2019
Syringe Driver Competency - Theory Training
The theory component of the Syringe Driver Competency Training must be completed online through Ko Awatea LEARN, prior to attending the below session. Please follow the instructions below to access the course.
- Access: Log into Ko Awatealearn.co.nz
- Click on ‘find courses’
- Click on MidCentral DHB
- Click on N-S
- Scroll down and click on “Palliative Care Syringe Driver Competency” and follow instructions on Course Content/Structure. The course can be located under "Palliative Care Syringe Driver Competence". You will be required to complete both the Niki T34 and the Syringe Driver Competence Course. N.B You will need to print and bring both Ko Awatea Certificates with you in order to participate in the practical session.
Please note this online course is only available to participants in the MidCentral catchment area and an access key is required.
1. Syringe Driver Medication Chart
2. Community Drug Treatment Chart
Syringe Driver Competency - Practical Sessions
All practical sessions will be held monthly at Arohanui Hospice and you will need to register with the Education Service to attend.
You will need to bring both theory training course certificates with you in order to participate in the practical session. A certificate of completion will be provided on successful completion of this practical workshop.
Download the Syringe Driver Competency Workbook.
Venue: All sessions will be held at Arohanui Hospice, 1 Heretaunga Street, Palmerston North.
- Monday 24th February, 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Monday 23th March, 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Monday 20th April, 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Monday 25th May, 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Monday 22th June, 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Monday 24th August, 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Monday 28th September, 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Monday 23th November, 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Tuesday 20th October, 1.00 - 2.30pm - Arohanui Hospice Levin
Practical sessions for Syringe Driver competence may be available to individual facilities throughout the year by negotiation with the Education Service.
A Certificate of completion will be provided on successful completion of this workshop.