Community Pharmacy EveningsJanuary 7, 2019
Palliative Care Lecture Series 2019January 7, 2019
Syringe Driver Competency - Theory Training
As of 2019 the theory component of the Syringe Driver Competency Training will be available on Ko Awatea Learn, the on-line learning platform. Please follow the instructions below to access the course. There is an Access Code for this course that will be made available from 1 January 1 2019.
- Access: Log into Ko Awatea
- Click on ‘find courses’
- Click on MidCentral DHB
- Click on N-So Scroll down and click on “Palliative Care Syringe Driver Competency” and follow instructions on Course Content/Structure. You will be required to complete both the Niki T34 and the Syringe Driver Competence Course and print your certificate for each of these.
1. Syringe Driver Medication Chart
2. Community Drug Treatment Chart
Syringe Driver Competency - Practical Sessions
All practical sessions will be held monthly at Arohanui Hospice and you will need to register with the Education Service to attend.
You will need to bring both theory training course certificates with you in order to participate in the practical session. A certificate of completion will be provided on successful completion of this practical workshop.
Download the Syringe Driver Competency Workbook.
- Monday 28 January, 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Monday 25 February, 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Monday 11 March, 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Monday 8 April, 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Monday 13 May, 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Monday 24 June, 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Monday 22 July, 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Monday 26 August, 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Monday 23 September, 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Monday 14 October, 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Monday 11 November, 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Monday 9 December, 1:00 – 2:30pm
Practical sessions for Syringe Driver competence may be available to individual facilities throughout the year by negotiation with the Education Service.