The care is tailored to each patient’s individual needs. Hospice care is holistic, taking consideration of a person’s physical, emotional, social, cultural and spiritual needs; to optimise their quality of life.
Support is also provided for the patient’s family/whanau and carers throughout the illness and after the death of their loved one.
Living every moment
- Hospice is so much more than a building; it is a philosophy of care;
- Hospice cares for people with any life-limiting condition;
- Hospice helps people live every moment, in whatever way is important to them;
- Hospice cares for people in any place they call home;
- Hospice care is free of charge for patients and their families, whanau and carers.
Annually, we provide care for more than 1100 patients throughout the region, and support for their families/whanau and those important to them.
We have on-average around 230 patients in our care at any one time. Patients are largely cared for in their own homes or place of residence and if required may also include a short stay in our specialist Inpatient Unit for advanced symptom managment.
Our services also include a 24/7 telephone advice service, outpatient clinics, day procedures, activities-based day programmes, family support and bereavement support. Arohanui Hospice also provides an Education Service to provide support to healthcare workers in a range of settings including Aged Residential Care, General Practice, community hospitals, and other primary & secondary healthcare providers. Download the Bilingual brochure.