Arohanui Hospice Services and COVID-19
We are currently doing everything we can at Arohanui Hospice to protect our patients, families, staff and volunteers. With the situation changing rapidly, we want to keep all of our supporters and families up to date.
As of Wednesday 12th August we have made the decision to limit visitors to only two per room – this will assist us to ensure the safety of everyone at Arohanui Hospice.
We will also ask that all visitors complete a declaration form to enable us to trace contacts if required before visiting.
We understand the impact this may have for families wanting to be together at what we understand is a very difficult time and staff will be happy to discuss this further with family members.
If you would like to speak to one of our clinical team at any stage please call us on 06-356-6606 and we can assist with making a decision as to whether it is safe to visit your family member.
As per previous communications, all visitors must use hand sanitiser on entry and departure.
We continue to ask that you consider the following questions if you are planning to visit Arohanui Hospice:
- Are you are at risk of having COVID-19?
- Have you been in close physical contact with someone who is suspected of or is a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Do you have flu-like symptoms, fever or acute respiratory illness?
If you are planning to visit the Inpatient Unit and have answered YES to any of the above – DO NOT ENTER THE HOSPICE BUILDINGS – call us on 06-356-6606 for advice and support.
Arohanui Hospice continues to update our pandemic plan daily.
Arohanui Hospice Shop Update
Due to COVID level 2 restrictions we have decided to close our Roslyn and Awapuni shops temporarily.
Closed Hospice Shops
- Roslyn Shop, Rossmont Shopping Centre, Vogel St
- Awapuni Shop, 92 College Street, Awapuni, Palmerston North
All other shops are open under level 2 and are trading with required precautions in place.
Open Hospice Shops
- Lombard St, Palmerston North – open Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm, Saturday 10.00am – 3.00pm; phone – 06 356 1960 option 1
- Main St South, Levin – open Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.00pm, Saturday 9.00am – 3.00pm; phone – 06 367 2078
- Fergusson St, Feilding – Open Tuesday to Friday 10.00am to 4.00pm and Saturday 10.00am – 1.00pm; phone – 06 323 2459
- Otaki – Open Monday to Friday 9.30am- 4.00pm and Saturday 10.00am – 3.00pm; phone – 06 929 6603
When you visit one of our shops please make sure you scan in using the QR code displayed in the entrance.
Hospice Shop Donations
Please remember to drop all donations to Hospice Shops during opening hours (as listed above).
When items are dropped out of hours we are unable to secure these donations and unfortunately many items are stolen overnight. Please make sure you continue to drop your preloved items during our opening hours to ensure that Arohanui Hospice benefits from your kind donations.
Roslyn and Awapuni Shops are no longer accepting donations. Please drop all donations at our Lombard Street Shop during opening hours.
- Hospice New Zealand Website
- Covid Response Support
- Ministry of Health – latest updates
- Funerals and Tahngihanga during alert level 2
- Mental Health Foundation – looking after yourself and others during COVID-19
This information is subject to change, so please check with us regularly